Thursday, October 3, 2013

Good Reads Recommended

As you can imagine, being an avid reader and working at a library can be compared to being “a kid in a candy store”.  But I find most of the books I read are recommended to me by library patrons, colleagues and friends.  A recent selection of books and CD books that were recommended to me and that I have enjoyed follows.  

http://wowbrary.org/index.aspx
Drunk Tank Pink and Other Unexpected Forces That Shape How We Think and Feel and Behave, by Adam L. Alter. This book caught my eye on Wowbrary, a weekly list of new items at the library that I receive by e-mail each Saturday. This is a great source of recommendations for everyone and is available just by signing up with an email address.  

The School of Essential Ingredients and The Lost Art of Mixing, two CD books by Erica Bauermeister, were recommended to me by a colleague who also enjoyed them.  
I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith was a great old fashioned read, recommended by a patron.

The Hundred and One Dalmatians book on CD, also by Dodie Smith, was suggested to me by one of our librarians. You know, the ladies that work at the reference desk who know everything about everything! Use them for ideas on what to read next.  
The new exercise book called, The MELT Method, by Sue Hitzmann was suggested by another patron. Very interesting.   

Two British mysteries by Francis Brody, titled Dying in the Wool and A Medal for Murder were recommended by another colleague. These are the start of a new series.  

The Girls of Atomic City
Lastly, a great book that I read about on Kiddosphere, our children’s librarian’s blog on the library web site is The Girls of Atomic City, by Denise Kiernan.
Here’s to sharing great book ideas with friends,
Sheree @ Warrenton.

To learn more about the library's collection, programs or events, visit our website or follow us on Facebook     

No comments:

Post a Comment