Friday, June 7, 2013

What's For Dinner?


If your family is like mine, then dinner is something that you try and cram in between school, homework and rushing off to one of the many activities your children participate in.  As much as I would love to sit down to a 3 course meal every night in which my kids enjoy whatever I have decided to experiment with that day, it just doesn’t happen.  Instead I find myself trying to make something quick and easy without falling into the “Taco Tuesday” rut.
In an effort to find new and easy recipes, I have been collecting them from the many cookbooks we have in the library's collection.  I’ve found that almost anything I’ve made out of Slow Cooker Revolution by America’s Test Kitchen is a winner but the baked ziti with pepperoni, mushrooms and ricotta is the favorite.  The easiest recipe I’ve found so far is the Buttery Chicken “Scampi” Pasta - yes we are BIG pasta fans in my house - out of The Deen Bros.Take it Easy by Jamie and Bobby Deen.  On the off chance when you do have more than 30 minutes to prepare a meal or throw things in the crock pot, you have to check out The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier by Ree Drummond.  The meatballs out of her Rigatoni with Meatballs recipe are perfect with any kind of pasta or even just on a nice crunchy loaf of Italian bread.

So to all of you out there that are trying to balance everything and avoid the dinner rut, know that help is just a few cookbooks away!
Erin @ Bealeton

No comments:

Post a Comment