Thursday, February 9, 2012

E-Readers and Tablets

Thinking about buying an e-reader?  Check out the February 2012 issue of Consumer Reports magazine for reviews on 14 of the most popular e-readers on the market today, including the Amazon Kindle, the Barnes & Noble Nook, the Kobo eReader, and the Sony Reader.

Or, are you thinking about buying a tablet?  Check out the ratings for 36 low-cost tablets.

For those of you not familiar with Consumer Reports, it is a monthly magazine that publishes reviews and ratings for a wide range of consumer  products.  For example, the February issue also has reviews and ratings for:
  • 100-watt CFL and halogen lightbulbs
  • Banking fees and features for the ten largest banks (by assets) and five largest credit unions (by assets)
  • Elliptical exercise machines
  • Pedometers
  • Water filters
  • Snowblowers
  • The best new-car values, from small cars to SUVs to full-sized pickups
Each branch of the Fauquier County Library has the print issues of Consumer Reports from 2009 up to the current issue.  The Find It Virginia online databases have an index to the issues from February 1, 1976 to the current issue, and the full-text of the reviews from January 1, 1999 to June 1, 2009.  You can access Find It Virginia from any library computer, or from home with your valid Fauquier County Library card number.


Fauquier County Public Library Reference Staff

1 comment:

  1. I want to buy an e-reader, but I don't know yet what I'll choose. In my opinion, all of them are good.
    I'm thinking about Kindle, because I've read so many great and interesting feedback and reviews regarding this device, but I will see...
    I've downloaded so many eBooks from All you can books to read them on my future e-reader :D I can't wait until then!

    ReplyDelete