Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Stories

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, and I've always enjoyed listening to holiday music for weeks before the big day, especially while baking or wrapping gifts.

Last year I tried something different, and started a new tradition for myself. While busily preparing packages for under the tree, I listened to recorded Christmas stories and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last season I listened to David Sedaris' Holidays on Ice. Not exactly your traditional feel good heart warming holiday stories, but hilarious none the less.

So this year I'm in search of another good "listen" for the holidays. As I generally prefer silly over sappy, on the top of the list is A Christmas Story by Jean Shepherd, on which the iconic movie is based. Read by Dick Cavett, I feel sure this will provide quite a bit of entertainment.

Runners up on the list include the following:

Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon


A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens


A Child's Christmas in Wales by Dylan Thomas


A Christmas Guest by Anne Perry



If none of these titles appeal to you, check out the library catalog under Christmas Stories for a list of audiobooks to put you in the holiday mood.

Seasons Readings!

Dawn @ Warrenton

No comments:

Post a Comment