Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Librarian is a Camel

As you can imagine, library staffers are always avid readers, so it's no surprise that we've had lots of submissions for the blog based on staff picks. We hope you get to enjoy some of the titles being recommended.

Shannon @ Bealeton -I read The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone. It is a biographical novel on the life of the Italian artist Michelangelo. Stone presents the personal story behind Michelangelo’s work as well as the fascinating history taking place in Italy at that time. But what is most intriguing is the passion, creativity and emotion Stone fabricates throughout the story and spawns in his readers.

Kathryn @ Warrenton - In honor of National Library Card Sign Up Month (September) I read The Camel Bookmobile by Masha Hamilton and a similar title from the children's collection--My Librarian is a Camel by Margaret Ruurs. Both were very interesting and verified for me how lucky we all are to have our own library in a brick and mortar building here six days and 24/7 online!!

Although I read many good books this summer, I particularly enjoyed The Lost City of Z by David Grann. His book is all about the trek into the Amazon jungle….one I’ll never be likely to make…especially after reading the book! And also read Alive in Africa by William Wheeler, as a comparative travel of the two continents. Again, neither trip will I be likely to make other than by armchair. No mosquitoes that way!


Happy Reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment