Monday, July 13, 2009

If you like Harry Potter...

With the next installment in the Harry Potter series coming to movie theaters this week, like a host of others, I decided to re-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince so that when I view the movie, I'll be up on all the details...even those they leave out of the movie. I must say that I enjoyed the book just as much this go round as I did the other 2 (or is it 3?) times that I have read it.
Whether you are young or just young at heart, the Harry Potter series is entertaining, well written, and has the classic good vs. evil plot line that many of us find so appealing. But once you have read and re-read the Potter series, what next?

Fortunately, the Library has a great list of Harry Potter read-alikes that includes books for readers of all ages. If you like books in series check out Lost Years of Merlin by T.A. Baron, Circle of Magic by Tamora Pierce or His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. And of course, if you haven't read Tolkien's classic Lord of the Rings series or C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia, this might be just the perfect read (or re-read) for you at the moment.


Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment