In a landslide, Jane Eyre was chosen by library patrons as their favorite book!
Jane Eyre clearly is an enduring classic, but how much do you know about the tale and its author?
Did you know?
- Charlotte Bronte wrote the soon-to-be classic under the "manly" pseudonym Currer Bell.
- Jane Eyre became the literary success of 1847, the same year in which it was published.
- Born on April 21, 1816, Charlotte Bronte would have been 198 this year.
- Emily Bronte, Charlotte's sister, also published Wuthering Heights in 1847.
- Penguin Classics list Jane Eyre as its Number 2 classic to read.
Jane Eyre is listed as one of the 1001 Books you must read before you die.
It's also available on the big and small screens.
- There are 4 movie versions of Jane Eyre. 1934, 1943, 1996 and 2011.
- It also appeared as a made for TV movie in 1961, 1970 and 1997.
- In the years, 1973, 1983 and 2006 Jane Eyre aired as a TV Mini Series.
We have lots of classics to choose from -- be sure to visit our website, any Fauquier County Public Library location or our online catalog to get started.
Thanks to everyone who voted and happy reading!
To learn more about the Fauquier County Public Library's collection, events or programs, visit us on Facebook, Twitter or online.
Jody @ Warrenton Reference